Since Wednesday afternoon every extra minute I had I spent reading the book “The Kite Runner”. I heard it was good from numerous people and on the web, so I borrowed it from my friend, Jessica and the rest is history. I could not put the book down!
What a riveting story! It was well written and very interesting.
The story, at times, was very hard (emotionally) to read due to the cruel (and unbelievable) nature that some human beings have. It definately opened my eyes more and made me ever so grateful for the country that we live in. I’m not totally naïve, I know there are lunatics here too, but WOW! the things they do in other countries…it is sickening.
In the end the story provides hope, which is what we all long for and what brings us all together. Hope for many things, but in the books case, hope that if we have done wrong in the past we can be forgiven, forgive ourselves and make it good again.
I would recommend this book to all.
5 comments:
I too have read this book. I decided to finally join the book club in the SA ward and this was the book at that time. I was the ONLY person who read the whole thing!!! I personally couldn't put it down either. And yes, some parts were very hard to read through...the cruelty one can do to another human!!!
They advertised that a movie was coming out but have never seen it actually at the theatres. I would like to see how the movie depicts this book. I would recommend it too!
I'm glad that you liked the book. I remember being overtaken by it when I read it. Some parts made me so sick to my stomach that I had to walk away, but it's worth it in the end. It's a good one.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will have to read it.
Thanks for posting your playlist. I love music too, but I am terrible at remembering song titles and artists, so I always like to listen and add songs to my own playlist.
I am going to have to read it too! I have heard so many good and not so good reviews- but I think it is one I would enjoy!:) Thanks!
Post a Comment