Friday, March 14, 2008

My Sweet Grandma


I’ve been thinking about my grandma lately. She is such a wonderful person and I am so blessed to have her in my life. I am grateful that my kids have a great-grandmother that loves them and that they have the opportunity to know and love. She has been without my grandpa for 7 years, this year. She is a remarkable woman and I find it incredibly amazing how she has been able go on living her life even though she misses him every single day. When you really stop to think about a person going on w/o the love of their life that they have spent everyday of their life with for the last 50+ years, it really is inspiring, to say the least.
She keeps herself busy with all of her friends and the different dinner and lunch groups that she is apart of. She is an usher at all events that go on at the Conference Center in SLC. She keeps herself so busy that there are times she has to turn family down because of other obligations but, of course, we understand.
I am grateful for all the things she introduced me to and taught me throughout my life…The Sound of Music, squeaky cheese, her love of our ancestors, sewing (even though mine is very simple, hers elaborate), having a high appreciation for the pioneers, dainty little flowers, Vietnamese customs, loving unconditionally, unwavering faith, to name just a few.
I love her with all my heart.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Lindsey,
That is so sweet, you Grandma seems like a wonderful woman. I love the picture of the two of you.

The Blaisdell Family said...

You are SO lucky to still have grandma around! What a blessing for you and your family.

By the way, love the kid's pictures along the side of your blog. They are just adorable!!!

Bon said...

That is so touching Linds! Thanks for sharing!