Wednesday, March 26, 2008

St. George...here we come!

Rob has accepted a job in the beautiful city of St. George to be the city prosecutor. We are excited about moving there...the warmer weather, no more snow, more things to do, the temple, the beauty, new job, new friends (I will miss my cedar friends dearly) just to name a few things.
We finalized our place to live last night, it is on the extreme south end of St. George, in the Hidden Valley Heights community. We will be upgrading to a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhome. I was a little disappointed of having no "yard" area for the kids to play, but the trade off is a nice, huge, kid-friendly swimming pool and a park with in the community. I've been told during the summer you are either inside or at a pool, so the pool will be nice.
Rob is excited to work for the city of St. George and to finally make money that we feel like he is well worth.
Our families are excited for us, of course they would rather us be closer rather than further away, but they know this is good for us.
So now I start a packing...happy packing to me.

11 comments:

Bon said...

I heard through the grapevine a few days ago that you were moving. I have wanted to call you to congratulate you but fear I would cry. So I want you to know how excited I am for you! Change is fun, new, scary, and exciting!! I really am happy for you! But I am going to miss you. I have always loved ya to pieces and really will miss seeing you around!!

Erin Bingham said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Jess said...

I was so sad when I heard and yet excited for you guys too. There are so many great things about St. George. I will sure miss seeing you on Sundays and at playgroup and at girls nights. Do you need help packing?

The Blaisdell Family said...

Well Congratulations and yes...good luck packing! That's no fun. BUT I think it would be fun to go to St. George. I've only been there once but I thought it would be a fun place to live (maybe not forever for me) but it has its own beauty doesn't it?? I really enjoyed my stay there and the sunsets were beautiful.

Have fun swimming all summer!!

Kim said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I had a friend who lived in St. George and she absolutely loved it! I was shocked b/c when I think of St. George I think of "snow birds". But I guess a younger generation is moving in. Anyway enough of my rambling! I'm so happy for you and Rob!!

Amber Lee said...

We're going to miss you!!!! You are so sweet and happy all the time and wonderful for the children, and your husband has been such an asset in the ward, too, of course. And your kids are so cute!
I'm so glad you were able to get into the town homes--I hope you just love it! I wish I lived closer to the temple, too. The St. George temple is "my temple," and I just love it so much!

laurie said...

Hey that's awesome...I'll let Brennan know, he'll be interested in the career move! We have some friends that live on Hidden Valley Drive...I wonder if that's close by. Good luck packing and moving, that's the yuckiest part!

Krista said...

Ok, so I'm really slow. But thanks for posting a comment on our blog with your blog's info! So good to see that things are going so well for your family!

Congrats on the new job! And good luck with the packing!!

{Lindsey} said...

Hey Laurie~
Our address is 3155 S. Hidden Valley Drive. If you go down the road a little further there is the new Ivory Homes community. Who are your friends? They may be in our new ward.

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

Lindsey, Lindsey, Lindsey. I guess if I went to play group I would know this sort of thing was happening! Congratulations! I know how long you guys have waited patiently for Rob to get a better job. After all, St. George isn't too far away! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! We'll miss you! Thank you for all the sweet visits while you were my V.T. love ya,

Nelson Family said...

How happy and sad! I will really miss seeing you at playgroup, but it will be great for your family. Just remember St. George is not too far away, and we'll keep in touch through the blogs too.