She chose a word for the year and encouraged her friends to do the same thing. So the word I chose for 2010 is...
KNOW
There is a quote I came across a few months ago (and now I can't find it to 'quote' it) and it went something like this: "Don't just merely be present, be interested and engaged."
I loved it and it made me really start to think about how sometimes I just feel present. My body is here, but where am I? Am I on the computer when I could be playing with my kids? Am I reading when I could be talking to my husband? Am I watching TV when I could be talking to a family member on the phone? Am I staring off into space when I could be learning? Am I sleeping when I could be helping somebody? Am I gossiping when I could be getting to know someone better? And the list of questions go on...
I want to get to know better (not in any particular order):
Myself
my husband
my kids
the gospel
my Savior and Father in Heaven
my parents
my in-laws
my friends
the guitar
the scriptures and their stories
my brother
...just to name some
So I'm on my to 'KNOW'...wish me luck.
6 comments:
I just might copy you, thanks for the meaningful insights.... :)
What a great idea! I love it. I also really like your new header with the quote from Pres. Monson.
What a great idea; I loved reading this post!
Thanks for the invite! :)
Love it! I did this too a few posts back!
What an awesome/inspiring idea Lindsey!!! I love it! You seriously make me want to be a better person ... and i just love reading your blog! Hope you're having a great day over there .. thanks for the perspective, you're the best!
I love your WORD!
and FABULOUS banner at the top of your blog!!!
Post a Comment