Friday, January 22, 2010

A short trip and much awaited gift

This last weekend the kids and I
headed up North to visit my
parents and brother
and his family.
We met Shar and the boys at the new
Boondocks in Kaysville.
We had a great time!
Saturday we were in search of a
baptism dress for Kennedy...and
we found one!! She chose it and is
soooo excited about it. Her big day
will be on March 6th. We are so
happy that she has chosen to
be baptized and that she
understands why it is so important.
Sunday we had dinner with everyone,
including my sweet grandma and
her friend, Dick.
Monday we ate at Cafe Rio
before heading home.
The kids NEVER want to leave
grandma's house...but this time
it just about brought Kennedy to tears
when she was telling grandma
good-bye. Such a heartwrenching
moment.
I am so grateful that my kids have
such great relationships with
their grandparents. It's a
beautiful thing.


So onto the gift part...with some of
my Christmas money I found
a necklace that I just fell in love
with and had to have. I ordered it and
patiently waited the three weeks
it took to get it (because they are
handmade once the order is placed).
r for Robert
l for Lindsey
obvious, I know, but he has
my whole heart and I love
him with every fiber of my being.





Check out the
website by
clicking on
the button

6 comments:

Jess said...

LOVE the necklace! So cool to find things like that. Tell Kennedy that we are excited for her to be baptized and what a neat thing it is.

Bon said...

So cute and unique! That is worth the wait! And what a special thing for Kennedy!

Parkin Family said...

I love that necklace! I am a sucker for that kind of stuff! I feel envy...think I may have to check out that website!

Kim said...

Grandparents are great! I love your necklace, what a wonderful gift to yourself.

Lori said...

doesn't it just rip your heart right out when your kids cry when it's time to say goodbye to the grandparents? as if it's not sad enough for you, but to watch your kids get so sad ... it's just heartbreaking. but SO wonderful that they have such an amazing relationship! p.s. LOVE the necklace!

LL said...

BOONDOCKS??!? wow!
I need a trip home...you're SO lucky to be close enough to drive.
Sounds likea GREAT getaway.