Saturday, January 09, 2010

What's that old adage???

oh yeah...the one that goes like this:

Never Say Never!

right, so here's my experience
today when that old adage
came and kicked me a swift
one in the behind.

We entered a store named
Petco today and
came out with a fish.
Yes...another fish.
It's been a while, but when
Glory died about a
year and a half ago
I swore I would NEVER buy
a fish for my kids again.
They begged and pleaded and
begged some more and
I just couldn't say no.
I feel regret coming on already
and I'll especially feel it when
I clean the bowl for the first time, ugh.

O-well, it could have been worse...
I drove home with a pour picked on,
pouty husband
because I wouldn't let him
buy a hamster
for them instead!!!

Happy Saturday!!

They name him Bluey.
so original.



8 comments:

Kim said...

mmmm yes, I have had to learn this lesson more times than I would like to admit. Hope you are enjoying "Bluey"

Amber said...

you are agood woman! My kids have a mean mom!

Mike and Kelly said...

I would take a fish over a hamster any day. I know what you mean... I swore that I would never get a dog, but here we are.

Jill said...

We had one a little hwile ago. We heard Kyle laughing and screaming all at the same time. Fish is in the toilet. He wants to go find Nemo in the ocean. Bye fish. Flush. NEVER AGAIN!

Jess said...

I feel pretty safe in saying that we'll never get a pet. Pretty darn sure. But a fish seems pretty harmless. :) Good luck.

Parkin Family said...

Oh Yes the fish! I have not broke down to buy another one yet...but you are such a good mom...how can you say no to those cute kids!

Norris Fam said...

ok seriously....be so THANKFUL that they didn't talk you into birds like mine did. I REALLY don't like those things. I've begged and pleaded for my girls to let me sell them (or give them away) on craig's list. I'll trade you your fish for the birds!

Do you want to meet for lunch somewhere next Saturday after my big race? I have a dumb knee injury that is slowing my down big time but I'm still planning on being there. What do you think?

Margaret said...

Fish aren't too bad. Just be glad you didn't get two fish, go on vacation and find you now have four fish! Actually it's been fun to see our little platys grow and they don't multiply too fast. I guess it helps that they keep eating the babies (sad but true). (And I still don't like cleaning the tank any better now than 2 years ago when we got it.)