Sunday, May 16, 2010

One Special Weekend

This weekend was a great one! Well, with one minor mishap.
Kennedy and I headed up north to spend time with family. We
had a special event to attend on Saturday at the Bountiful Temple
as my sweet cousin, Randi and her cute little family were sealed
together for time and all eternity. Kennedy was so happy to be
able to go on the temple grounds and then to actually go "inside"
the temple...to make her way to the waiting room.

Rob and Conner stayed behind at home so they could enjoy our
ward Father and Son camp out. Conner was so excited all week for
this big event. They had a lot of fun, but I've yet to see pictures to
prove it. (minor mishap being that Conner ended up getting sick
on Saturday evening and boy did daddy get to experience what it's like to
take care of a sick child! He did a wonderful job though.) Before the
sickness came on, they were able to go see How To Train A Dragon and
they LOVED it.


Kennedy's Weekend Highlights:
*She was able to garden
with grandma.

*She did chores for
grandma and earned
some money
and got a bonus for doing
so good...
lucky girl.

*SHE LEARNED HOW
TO RIDE A BIKE!!!
yes she is 8 years old
and she's never had a desire to
learn, until yesterday.
She hopped on it and
took off!
She was so giddy and
nervous at the
same time. I was giddy and
nervous too!
Hence the no pictures of
this BIG event.
She did GREAT!

She had so much fun at grandma and
grandpa's, that when it came time
to go she was in tears.
She was so sad that our time there
had come to an end.
Darn, she had us all teary eyed.
She can't wait until the end
of July when her and
Conner get to
stay a WHOLE WEEK with
them, sans mom and dad.

Love you mom and dad! Thanks
for the fun weekend.

5 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Taking care of sick kids is good for daddies once in a while!

Amber said...

Glad you were able to come and be with family! That is most important. So sweet about Kennedy...I guess sometimes my kids take for granted that both our parents are close, and so we see them often. What fun memories they will have by getting to stay with them for a week! I totally remember doing that with my grandparents that lived 4 hours away!
Hope Connor is feeling better, and yes I agree, it's good for dads to experience that kind of stuff once in a while!

Katie and Bryson said...

Catching up on your blog...belated congrats to Rob on the IRONMAN! That is amazing! And your weekend up north looks fabulous, congrats to Kennedy on her new skills :) Also, I am still your VT, but this month is slipping away on visiting with my mom in town. I will drop by some treats...any requests?

Emily said...

Hey, how did the picture taking go? Am I remembering right...that you were going to take pics of the wedding?

Hope all is well. I love reading your blog...at least we can keep in touch that way! ;)

Lori said...

What a fun weekend (apart from poor Connor and Rob). I love all of these pictures ... you can just tell what a great time Kennedy is having! Congratulations to your friends that were sealed, how exciting!!! And how exciting for Kennedy to get to go inside the temple! Also, way to go on learning to ride a bike!! That's HUGE!!! (our kids don't know how, and have expressed no desire yet either). What a fun little girls' getaway!!! We're still sorry we missed you while we were in St. George for a few hours ... but seriously Lindsey, I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is there, and how much i would just LOVE to live there! You Cosson's are a lucky bunch. =)