Rob and I sat on the couch in shock, wondering how in the world something like that could have happened. Where was the adult supervision?? But mostly I remember Rob saying, "It feels as though the world should stop." We couldn't imagine what his family was going through and how hard it would be for them to go on without Tucker.
I recently started following his mom's blog. Reading her posts is a real eye opener. I was just thinking this morning how, well to be frank, how uncomfortable it is to even think of talking to her. Don't get me wrong, she is the sweetest person, it's just that, what do you say to someone that has lost someone so near and dear?? Her most recent post was labeled "Talk To Us". She said it is therapeutic for her to talk to people about Tucker and to please not be scared to do so...to not shun her or treat her as though she has some horrible disease. I don't want her to feel like that, it makes me sad that she feels that way and even more so that I have probably made her feel that way. So this Sunday I am going to sit by her in Relief Society and talk to her. I hope it will do us both good :)
4 comments:
So hard to know what to say sometimes...I remember watching the ambulance drive away. I know she'll appreciate your friendship!
It is hard to know what to say...
but I know they want to talk.
we all need someone like you in our wards Lindsey!
great post lindsey ... i think this is really important to remember about people who have experienced loss ... how helpful it can be to talk about their loved one's ... and how doing so can often times bring happiness, and not necessarily the pain that we assume it would. good for you for sitting next to her in R.S.
Post a Comment