Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Haircut...twice over

Okay, so there is one thing that I absolutely dread doing and that is getting my hair cut! Because of it's natural curliness, there are just not a lot of hair cutters (their politically correct name has escaped my mind at the moment) that know how to cut curly hair! I had found someone in Cedar who did a pretty good job, but then we moved, so it had been since April that I had gotten it cut.
So here's the story...I went yesterday at my scheduled time and my appointment was not in the computer(they had put me in under the wrong name, so technically I never had an appointment...maybe that was my sign)! So a nice girl there said she would have time to fit me in before her next client...bad choice, that's where I should have walked out! But, I was sooo in the mood to get my hair cut, I thanked her for taking the time and explained to her what I wanted. Long story short...she was in a hurry and the cut was not even close to what I wanted. I called back today and went in for yet another haircut. Thanks to the holiday they were not busy at all and a fabulous girl named Kylie "fixed" my hair. She cut and styled it just the way I was wanting it done yesterday! So in the end, after two haircuts it was worth it because now I have Kylie that I will go to from now on, my hair is the way I want it and that just makes my life alot easier.
Should have done befores and afters...but I didn't.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Post of pic of your new do!! Can't wait to see it!

Bon said...

Lindsey I can't wait to see it! Having a bad haircut is the worst! You can't just glue hair back on and it doesn't grow over night! But I am glad that you got it fixed and found someone afterwards who sounds like she will be good!:)

Kristi said...

Oh I've had some bad cuts in my day! OUCH. I'm trying to grow my hair after chopping it in Feb. for Locks of Love. Happy times!

Kim said...

That is one of the things I hate about moving is finding a new person to cut my hair! It's right up there with finding a new Doctor and Dentist. Glad you were able to find someone!

Nelson Family said...

I want to see pictures. At least how it looks now. Sorry I couldn't come to the temple on Tuesday. It was Kindergarten orientation for Caleb. I'm glad things are going well for you. Hope to see you soon.

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

Well... where'e the picture of your hair!!?? I bet it looks great. Curly hair can looks great no matter what! I had such a great time on Tuesday! I miss you!

The Prettymans said...

I bet your hair looks great, but I do have to agree that a bad hair cut can ruin the whole day! And weeks, until it grows out! I braved it at a Great Clips a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was ok, so I was grateful. Hey, I didn't mean to leave you in the dark about us having baby #2. I'm just not so good at sharing news. We haven't picked out a name for sure yet...any ideas? We have a few we think are ok, but nothing we absolutely love. Maybe I'll post a blog for suggestions or something.