Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Mom, My Friend


I was having a hard time yesterday after I got some news that was upsetting, in an angry and frustrated sort of way. I talked to Rob about it, but still felt I needed to talk and vent. So, I called my mom. I shared with her my troubles and by the end of our conversation was comforted and calmed. I knew she would be able to help me since she is much more experienced at this thing called LIFE. I wanted to share just how much I love my mother. She is always there for me when I need her and she always knows what to say to make things okay and to help me know that things will work out they way Heavenly Father wants them to. If only I had half the faith that she does.
I love you mom and I want to tell you that I am so grateful that you are my mom and my friend and Thank You for being there when I need you.

13 comments:

Parkin Family said...

I could only dream to have that kind of relationship with my parents. That is completely cool!

Emily said...

Sometimes, Mom's are the only ones that can make things better! :) Great post Lindsey!

Taylor Fam said...

Aren't moms the best? I love my mom too! Hey, the 4th ward christmas party is December 5 I think at 6pm. If the time is different I'll let you know. That would be so great to see you guys and the kiddos!

LL said...

Such a sweet tribute to an incredible lady! I love that Linda lady...love you too. Hope you're feeling better. I'm so sorry to hear about the accident with that young guy in your ward. So tragic!
Thinking of you!

The Meyers said...

So nice that you have that kind of relationship with your mom! We sure miss you guys! KaTI

Jill said...

I have that kindof relationship with my sis....I am jealous of you to have that with your Mom, wish I did, thank heavens for good friends and sisters.

The IVth Family said...

It's a shame I have not been able to get to know my extended family as I would like to now. It saddens me immensely now and days, having grown up more to see past the things I use to think where important, but no longer are and only now realize all the important things I let pass me by I may never get the chance to experience.

Kim said...

Lindsey,
That is so great that you have that kind of relationship with your mom. She seems like a really great woman, I know she has to be, because she has a really great daughter.

Jess said...

You look a lot like your Mom! I am grateful for my relationship with my Mom as well. I am glad that we can have that type of friendship and help all throughout our lives.

Lori said...

Ohhh, that's so sweet Lindsey. There's nothing quite like that amazing mother-daughter relationship ... I'm so glad she was able to offer some comfort during this time. Again, I'm so sorry.

Bon said...

I hope you are feeling better about whatever news you got! And thank goodness for your wonderful mother! It is nice to have that great relationship!

Kristi said...

Wow what a nice tribute to your mom. Makes me wish I was closer to mine and that my girls will continue to be close to me!

rlt said...

You made your old man teary eyed. Thank you for Loving your Mother almost as much I do.
Dad