
One of my most favorite delectable desserts is lemon bars. I discovered them in 2001 when Rob and I went to New Orleans. We were in the Garden District touring the above ground cemeteries when I spotted a cute little cafe that I just had to go into. Before this moment in my life I was never a fan of anything lemon, but when I saw the lucious lemony little things, it's like they were calling my name. I got one and to this day I can still remember the moment I opened my mouth, tasted it and fell in love!
When my little family and I go up North to visit family, I always try to make a special trip to The Naborhood Bakery in Gardner Village. They have lemon bars that live up to the ONE in New Orleans. Anyhoo, I found their recipe online and was so excited to make them and share with my Cedar girlyfriends (so sorry to the few of you who left before I remembered that I brought them). So here it is...very simple, you'll indulge yourself and loooove every minute of it!!
Naborhood Bakery Sunkist Lemon Bars
Crust:
2 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter
Press crust into un-greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Filling:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup lemon juice
Pour filling over crust and bake an additional 20 minutes. Cool completely and drizzle with glaze.
Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tbs. lemon juice
10 comments:
How funny, I was going to email you and ask you for the receipe! Yum, I love lemon anything. I have about 4 lemon bar receipes, but these are one of the best. It was so fun to see you! Thanks for making the trip up.
I love lemon bars too! Kraftfoods.com has a really yummy one that uses cream cheese in them. I don't like the crust on it as much as others, but the filling is so good!
YOU are a dream, thanks for sharing this recipe!!!
can't wait to try them, I just might make them this weekend.
yum
This is one of my most favorite treats of all!! I love them. My Mom is an expert lemon bar maker, and the recipe you posted is the exact same as hers. So yummy!
I'm with you on the lemony stuff. Lemon bars are the ONLY lemon dessert I will eat. As long as it's not from a box:) My mom has a really good recipe, but they have to stay in the fridge or they kind of "melt". I will have to give this recipe a shot. It sounds yummy. Actually, really yummy, I want to make them right now!
So Yummy!! I will give it a try, thanks a ton. Love all your pics, your kids are darling.
Thanks for posting the recipe! I think I will have to make a stab at them this week. As if I need any more goodies lying around......
YUM!!!! I'm going to have to make these this week ... i love love love Lemon Bars ... and I trust these are absolutely as good as they get. Thank you for the recipe!!!
I am pretty much salivating! I love lemon bars but they always seem so hard to make! I may have to try them!
It really was so great to see you!
So I finally got around to making these, I know, it took awhile. I realized this is the EXACT same recipe my mom has except hers only has 1/2 tsp. baking powder! Crazy huh?
Mine are cooling right now, so I'm not sure if the extra 1/2 tsp. made a difference yet or not but dang do they smell gooooood!
Post a Comment