Despite the rainfall and winds we made our way to
our favorite place. The kids absolutely LOVE
going camping. Rob and I, on the other hand...
well, we're still getting use to it, ya know,
being in charge and all.
Did we remember this?
We forgot that!
How do you do this?
We need to get that.
In the end, you just wing it with what you have.
We went on a night hike with our flashlights.
Conner started freaking out, screaming and crying
about half way up the trail.
We asked him what was wrong and he said
he was "worried about snakes".
Conner IS his mother's son.
I was just freaking out inside...
The next morning we did the weeping rock trail
and at the top saw a deer eating
just an arms length away and saw a tarantula...
a first for us all!
After a nice and relaxing picnic
(you know when things are just
going too good, something bad is in store, well....)
we went to leave and realized that we locked
both sets of keys in the car!!!
aaaahhhhh!!!
Thank goodness for Rob the Ranger
(a real park ranger who just
happened to share the same
name as my sweets) who
had the tools to "break into our car" and unlock it.
I owe him a plate of brownies.
Besides that minor stressful incident...it was another
wonderful time for the Cosson Clan in Zion.

5 comments:
I wouldn't even dare attempt a night hike! Yikes. way to be brave! :)
What a fun adventure! I would have been right there with you, freaking out in my head, so as not to freak out my kids as well. I have NEVER been hiking at night ... it sounds ... well, freaky. That's all I can think of? I'm so glad you guys had a fun time despite locking your keys in your car ... and way to go Rob and with his mad MacGyver skills. =) LOVE the Cosson Clan!!!
Lori~ Rob totally has MacGyver skills, but we really had to call a park ranger to come help us and he just happened to share the same name with my man :)
Looks like you had a great time! You look way to cute for camping! ;)
you are a GOOD sport mom!!!
I do NOT have a love for camping.
Post a Comment