I tell ya the one thing that will make me pack up and leave St. George real quick is when I step out onto one of my two porches and see a rattlesnake! It happened to my grandma a couple of times when she lived here. Actually, I probably wouldn’t have to pack up and move, Rob would be planning my funeral due to me having a heart attack! Let’s pray that doesn’t happen.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Nasty Little Things
Okay, so yesterday I noticed a guy spraying stuff around the town homes and pretty much figured he was the “bug” man. Oh boy, I had no clue what that meant for me this morning. Time for swim lessons, out the door we go and into a porch full of struggling, dying cockroaches!!! I ABOUT DIED! I have seen one or two here and there(outside, not inside thank heavens), but not a mass of them. Okay, so I am exaggerating a little, but there was at least 10-15 of the wretched,little creatures. It has been hours now and I am still queasy from it. I guess when they spray it brings them out of the rocks, in a way, an attempt to try and stay alive. The kids and I checked out a book from the library about cockroaches. Luckily, I learned that even though they have wings they can't fly. That would have freaked me out even more, thinking they could fly in my face or hair! Gotta love the desert!
I tell ya the one thing that will make me pack up and leave St. George real quick is when I step out onto one of my two porches and see a rattlesnake! It happened to my grandma a couple of times when she lived here. Actually, I probably wouldn’t have to pack up and move, Rob would be planning my funeral due to me having a heart attack! Let’s pray that doesn’t happen.

I tell ya the one thing that will make me pack up and leave St. George real quick is when I step out onto one of my two porches and see a rattlesnake! It happened to my grandma a couple of times when she lived here. Actually, I probably wouldn’t have to pack up and move, Rob would be planning my funeral due to me having a heart attack! Let’s pray that doesn’t happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
EEWWW!! That is one thing I do not miss is the cockroaches! Good thing they are outside instead of in your home. They are the grossest and scariest bugs! (scary because they are so fast!)
Wretched is right!! Ohhhh I would be freaking out! I hate bugs!! But hey at least you turned it into a fun "Learning" session with your kiddos! So creative!! I probably would have turned it into ten million reasons why we step on them and squash them when we see them! HA!! Miss you!!
Yes Wretched, Bonnie, I was totally thinking of you when I used that word. It was such a perfect word to use.
Love ya
I am so sorry! I had never seen big cockroaches until we moved to San Antonio. Yuck!!! I am a bug hater too, so I am glad you survived.
Ah! No likey cockroaches! We get HUGE ones in East Texas, too. Shudder. I pretty much enter every dark room with my hand on the light switch, mentally preparing myself for the shadow scurrying across the floor/wall/shelf/counter... YUCKY. But, boric acid has really helped a lot, too. Sprinkle it (carefully, it's poisonous) behind the fridge and that'll take care of 'em.
Post a Comment