Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kennedy's First Day of School

Today Kennedy started 1st grade. She is so excited about all the fun things that come along with school...she loves riding the bus (and no, her mom isn't worried about it), she is soooo excited to be able to eat lunch at school, especially the salad bar and she is so eager to learn.
We had a good summer, keeping her up on all that she learned in Kindergarten and soon she will be able to go to B&N to get a free book for her dilligence in participating in their summer reading program. She had to read 8 books (still has one to go), keep a list of them, and share her favorite part of the story. She hopes her free book will be a "chapter" book.
Conner and I miss her not being here with us, but we will survive.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so cute! I hope she had a great day! I am impressed you were not worried. You will have to rub off on me a little! Also I want to know how you fixed up your pictures :)

The IVth Family said...

This all has to be very exciting for everyone! Good Job Kennedy! We are very proud of you and all the hard work you have done to get the things you want most. Keep up the good attitude and you will surely go far. And you Mr Conner!!! You let the ducks eat right out of your hands???? I would not even do that. You are a brave young man! Uncle Paul, Aunt Jamie and Abigail miss and love you all so much.

Bon said...

I loved catching up on all of your posts! I can't believe school is already here! I miss you and wish that we lived closer so I could give you a hug!

You are such a great person and mom Linds!!

Lori said...

I'm so excited that you guys have a blog! It will be so fun to keep up with you this way. I just adore your little family ... I wish we lived even closer, I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun together. Kennedy is absolutely beautiful (as is Connor) ... she looks so confident and ready for her 1st day of school ... she's the portait of a child ready to learn! Congratulations to her for taking on that first day ... =) And again, please let us know if you ever venture down to Vegas so we can see you all.

Kristi said...

She's so cute! I get so excited for the 1st day. My kids go back in a week and a half-yippee:)

The Blaisdell Family said...

What cute pictures of Kennedy!! She's such a pretty little girl.

Good job Kennedy on all your reading! That is so exciting.

Margaret said...

WoW 1st grade already. Great job on the summer reading. Keep it up! Karyn will start 1st grade the 25th. Fun fun fun!

Erin Bingham said...

It is hard to believe that summer is over already, and that Kennedy is old enough to be in 1st grade. They sure grow up fast.

BETH said...

cute pictures of the 1st day of school.
I love this time of year

Thanks for inviting me

Parkin Family said...

Ok - you are pretty good at the Photo Shop! I may need a lesson. Great Pictures!