Monday, August 04, 2008

Youth + Activites = Fun

This last weekend I missed my family like crazy! I spent Friday, Friday night and Saturday with the youth of our ward. We all had such a wonderful experience. Let me just say it’s been a long time since I have been fed sooo much spiritually, I needed it and enjoyed it. We did service at the DI, went through the “life boat” simulation, ate lots of good food, went swimming, had a wonderful fireside on temple work, went to the visitor’s center to watch the amazing movie about Joseph Smith and then went to the Temple to do Baptisms for the Dead. All the activities were great, but there was one that really had a huge effect on me. For those of you who are familiar with the “life boat” simulation know what I mean when I say my life has been changed. It helped me realize how much I love my kids and my husband and how I need to show them more on a daily basis the love that I have for them. I need to be more patient with them, so that there will be no doubts of my love for them. There will be a day (hopefully way later than sooner) that they will be without me and I need and want to live today like it is the last day with them every day. None of us know when our time will be and that’s why we need to treat everyday like it is our last.
I added a song by Johnny Cash to my playlist called For You. This song was played during this simulation and if I ever forget what I promised to myself and the Lord that day, all I’ll need to do is listen to that song and it will bring it all back for me. Can I just say I am a huge Johnny Cash fan now.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, YC sounded really neat, especially the life boat experience. You'll have to fill me in on Wed. Glad it went well