I feel like I'm going out on a limb here...a little nervous about anicipated judgment, but I will continue because of my strong feelings...so here I go:
I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Democratic National Convention. I'm going to give my little piece of mind regarding the Presidential Candidates. WARNING: This might take some of you by surprise, all I ask is that if you liked/loved me before reading this...like/love me after too :)
As former President Bill Clinton stated, “ America has always been known and admired by the power of our example, not by the example of our power.”
I've believed for a years now that the Bush administration has used their power in ineffective, abusive ways. And because of that, America is currently in a very sad situation. I strongly believe that if McCain is voted in, the status of our beloved nation will only get worse. We need a severe change!
Just because you vote for a Democrat doesn't mean that you are supporting and condoning abortion, gays, etc. If you vote for a Democrat, it doesn't mean you are not being loyal to your LDS religion (if that is your religion). Have a mind of your own and I beg of you, please don't vote for McCain for the sole reason that he is Republican. Know why you are voting for him and once you've figured that out, ask yourself...Why do I not want a better future for the nation that I absolutely love!!??
Barack Obama is hopeful, YOUNG, insightful, intelligent (a particular quality that is lacking in our current president!)and ready to give America the change we so desperately need!
Choose FRESH not STALE!!
Okay, that's all I am going to say...remember you promised to still like/love me :)
12 comments:
I still like/love you!!!! I think it is awesome that you spoke your mind!!
LIndsey I will always love you! I actually love hearing your stance on things! I myself avoid politics and conform to whatever my husband says. It confuses me! Sad but true!
You are funny! I will still be your friend even though my thoughts differ from yours! Way to speak your mind! You are so brave!
He he. I won't let HAns look at your blog. A little closed-minded could be used to describe my sweet politically captivated husband. Personally, I don't get into the whole political thing. I have my ideas too, I try not to talk to Hans much about it becasue he is sooooo into it, and when I talk to him I find myself listening and agreeing. Personally, I don't think either candidate is what the U.S. needs right now. It will be intersting to see what is going to happen to our country.
I agree with your fresh not stale comment, but I'm not sure about Obama, I'm really torn on this election. Obama is very appealing, but there is just something about him I don't trust and I can't put my finger on it. I honestly don't know who I'm voting for yet.... Regardless of who wins, I think the next 4 years will be very very interesting.
I really need to learn more about each candidate. So far McCain as really left a bad taste in my mouth. I really don't want to vote for him, but I'm not sure how feel about Barack either. I know I like where he stands on No Child Left Behind, but not necessarily on his approach to healthcare. I think it's great that you have made up your mind, and I am glad that you shared. It's such an important thing, us voting for a president, and shouldn't be taken lightly. Where do you find most of your information? I need some good sites to look at that I can trust to give me the real picture, and not propaganda. Whoa, this is a long comment....
I don't like either candidates...
but I still love you! :)
This is such an interesting election year. Don't love McCain (but looks like his VP choice could be fantastci), very wary of Obama, just don't trust him, too inexperienced. I don't know what I'll do come election time but I'm happy you voiced your opinion.
Too bad we can't all find our opinions and put them to the vote instead of going "conservative" or "liberal". We should vote on the character of a person, their leadership abilities, values, and ideals.
So much fun!!
Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading this post and how much I appreciate you actually saying what I think most people that typically vote Republican might be thinking ... but are afraid to admit. You're awesome!
Of course I wouldn't judge you for what you believe. And of course I still and always will love you. I have my own opinions about the whole election. But I can't agree with Obama. I really think this nation is going down, and I don't know what I can do about it. I'm actually scared to death.
Gosh...I still have to turn in my paper work to vote over here in Ohio. Myself......I am at a loss. I honestly don't want to vote for either one. I should choose though....Do you want to know a secret...I am 28 yrs old & I have never voted before. I complain and gripe about our economy and where our country is now because of our current and past leaders. Some people would say that if I have never voted then I have NO PLACE to complain. This MAY be true and it MAY NOT. Honestly I feel passionately that whoever is chosen to be our president past and future, that at some point in political history individual voting became obsolete.
I can't remember where I heard this next bit I am about to say, but I think it was from SHOOTER...with mark walberg...."Nothing, no matter how horrible, ever really happens without the approval of the government."
Now I know that just a movie and I can sound like a conspiracy nut job, but our country's past and history only reveals that as truth, if you look past what the media tells you to believe.
Point is....I've always thought this even, even before I saw that silly movie. That belief is the reason I have never taken part and cast a vote. To me...our democracy only goes so far....after a certain point it begins to turn into an illusion.
I think everyone is entitled to believe in ideas that can lead to a better world. Ideas are great, but beliefs kill people.
Sorry if I have offended anyone. My usual motto is NO RELIGION OR POLITICAL talk for me. My wife says it is unhealthy for me cause I get so worked up.
Just FYI..... peoples personal political views do not effect my thoughts of the person themselves. Everyone is affected differently by politics in our daily lives. I try overall to keep in mind that No one person is ALL right or ALL wrong.
Much Love!!!
The Black Sheep
I am totally with you on this one! Way to go out on a limb!
Post a Comment