Sunday, August 10, 2008

What We've Been UP To

This last Thursday and Friday Rob had a conference at Zion's National Park, so we joined him and enjoyed some hiking, swimming and relaxing. Unfortunately, my blasted batteries died so I don't have any pics to share. (Rob took some on his phone, but I am too lazy to ask him for his phone and download the pics) Kennedy made friends with a cute girl from England...when she would talk to Kennedy it was constantly what? what? Mom, I can't understand her, what is she saying? Let's just say Kennedy has officially been introduced to "accents".

The last month or so, Kennedy has been saving up her allowance to buy a unicorn that she spotted the first time we went to B&N. She has done wonderful with doing chores, keeping her bedroom clean and making her bed every morning. Now that she has this sooo desired Unicorn, I wonder if she will keep up her good work? We'll have to see.

Cleaning up the living room...

Making her bed...

Her saved allowance...

Kennedy and her beloved "Snowflake"


Yesterday, we took the kids to a duck pond to feed the ducks and geese. We spotted a couple of turtles too, which they loved seeing. Conner was letting them eat the bread right out of his hand (he referred to every one of them as the "ugly duckling"), Kennedy was a little on the weary side. Needless to say, they both had a fun time and we came away with poop free shoes!!! yeah!






And FINALLY....the highlight of my week....drum roll pppllleeeaaassseee...Conner stayed in nursery the whole time today at church, no falling apart at the seams because they took the toys away from his when it was time to go to the "lesson room". He was immediately given a treat when he got home!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Zion's sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been there since I was a kid! Good job for Kennedy earning her unicorn. And I'm so happy for you that Conner had a good day in Nursery!! YEAH!!! I love those days. :)

Emily Hendrickson said...

That is so cute that Kennedy wanted that unicorn so bad! That is awesome that she worked so hard for it :) I will have to take Shaylie to see the ducks one of these days:)

The IVth Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The IVth Family said...

Oops....My post on Kennedy school blog should have been for this one...Lol Oh well. I am glad you are liking school Kennedy. It is really fun to meet all the other kids and make new friends. Chin up, eyes bright and big smiles! Mr. Conner, you make sur to be extra good for mommy while Kennedy is off to school. Give her lots of hugs and kisses and plenty of warm cuddles.