Kennedy had her first spelling test this last Friday and she PASSED with flying colors!! She is so good when it comes to homework, which I am truly grateful for. Here she is writing her words after she has sorted them into their categories.
Now for the toothfairy saga...I am such a horrid parent! Kennedy lost her tooth yesterday at school and was so excited for the toothfairy to visit her so she could get her beloved one dollar bill. I didn't have a dollar so I was scrampin around for some change and remembered about a 'gold' Susan B. Anthony coin that I could use. I put it on my dresser so I would be ready to place it under her pillow before I went to bed. Well, long story short...I spaced it. I got home from walking this morning and Kennedy informed me that the toothfairy didn't come. Oh my goodness, in that moment, I had sudden heartache! I could not believe that I FORGOT! Kennedy said, "well, maybe she just got caught in a storm somewhere?" Oh how I wish that were the case!!! So, needless to say, the toothfairy WILL pay her a visit tonight and attempt to redeem herself and ask forgiveness by leaving an extra dollar and a note of sincere apology.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that it works!
14 comments:
You are such a cute mom! The letter idea is so cute! I am sure that she will forgive the toothfairy!
I forgot the first time Meagan lost her tooth...good thing kids are so forgiving. That last pic of Kennedy make her look so grown up. Such a cute girl!!
LInds..that is so cute. At least she wasn't upset and I am sure an extra dollar will do the trick. Kids love that green stuff! HA!
Good Job Kennedy!! I love her comment on the Tooth Fairy getting cauht in a storm!
You are so cute! Tell Kenny congrats on her spelling test and on losing her tooth!
LINDSEY! I have always thought you were the best...I'm so excited to have this peek into your life.
I can't believe you have two kids (they're ADORABLE) thanks for the invite.
I also have a blog. I keep up with that MUCH better than the facebook thing. In fact, facebook is FOREIGN to me.
Please keep in touch!!!
Love ya
Oh Lindsey! Sorry you forgot. I would have had heartache too. Good thing Kennedy is a sweet little girl and so forgiving:) She looks even cuter with her missing tooth.
And kudos on the spelling and having a kid that does her homework so well. See you ARE a good mom or she wouldn't be like that!
That is so cute that she thought she got stuck in a storm. How sweet is that?
I had told Bailey before she lost any teeth that she needed to brush them every day, because the tooth fairy gives more money for clean teeth. When she finally lost one this summer, she thought it needed to be super clean (there was blood on it), so without my knowing, she decided to clean it in the sink. You can guess what happened. Her very first tooth went down the drain! She was so devastated! Fortunately the tooth fairy knows these things and she got some $ anyway!
You aren't a bad mom. I've forgotten a few times and then remember before they wake up. It happens when the tooth fairy has so many jobs to do!!
Glad to know that you fall in the class of "normal" moms. Don't you hate when you forget things that that. Kennedy is too cute with her tooth missing.
Kennedy is the sweestest thing ever ... that she believes so whole-heartedly in the tooth fairy that she trusts there must be a good reason she didn't make it. You're SO NOT a bad mom though ... now, if Santa forget's to come Christmas morning, THEN we'll talk. =) Way to go on the spelling test too!
Oh, the sagas of the tooth fairy. I bet the tooth fairy was caught in a storm. It has been very crazy weather lately.
just to make you feel better- I think at least 1 pt. everyday tells me how tooth fairy forgot them- I guess they think the dentist is the tooth fairy police.
Good job on the spelling Kennedy. Look what a good mom you are making flash cards for her
Awwww!!! That tooth fairy!!! Yes , kids are very forgiving thank goodness or ,well, mine might already have disowned me.
Post a Comment