Thursday, October 23, 2008

Good-bye Fiers


On Monday I finally got up enough guts to clip the tips of Conner's pacifiers!! I was a little nervous to do it, but I was at the point of realization that it NEEDED TO BE DONE.

I did it right before his nap and this is what occured. When I gave them to him he looked at them and said (yelling at me)"Mommy, you broke my fiers! I am MAD at you!! (in a softer tone) Will you please fix them, Mama? Get some tape and fix them...please. When I suck, mama, all I get is air! FIX THEM" He cried a little, never took a nap which I pretty much expected...but overall, it's a good thing. He still takes them to bed, but they lay on his pillow next to his head :) He's adjusting well to the change, thank goodness.

Oh the joys of raising children...next I have to look forward to potty training, the absolute worse nightmare EVER!!

10 comments:

Parkin Family said...

I am with you on the potty training front! I think I will die when I get to that stage!

The Blaisdell Family said...

That's the method we used too, but I cut the rubber part completely off so there was nothing to even put in their mouth. Sounds mean right, but hey it works. If they are old enough it works. For both boys they said, "Broken?" and were done with it. Sounds like Conner is doing a great job adjusting too. It will be so nice not to have those things to worry about!!

Avery sucks her fingers BAD so we will have to invest in some finger guards to break her bad habit, but in all good time:)

And who knows, maybe Conner will surprise you and be super easy with potty training like Josh was. He took to it like a pro!! Good luck with that stage.

Lori said...

Poor Connor ... how cute that he's willing to look past his defective "fiers", see them for the comfort and support they've always brought to his life, and take them to bed anyway! Your kids are seriously the sweetest, most compassionate little things! I've never had to go through this myself ... my kids would NEVER take pacifiers, despite TREMENDOUS efforts on our part. =)

Emily said...

I think it's so cute that he still sleeps with them...even though they can't be sucked on! Poor Conner!

I hear ya with the whole potty training thing. Not. Fun.!!

BTW, I love your new background!

Jess said...

You're very brave. I don't dare do it yet with Tyson. He still sleeps so well with them. At least he knows he can't have them anywhere else except the bed, or maybe I would change my tune!

Taylor Fam said...

That is the cutest story! Poor little guy was pretty attached! We let David cut the ends off himself so he wouldn't get mad at me! What a cute story!
Lisa

Kim said...

Way to go Lindsey, that is such a hard habit to break. I'm glad he's adjusting well though. Good luck with potty training, with only girls have no advice for you. :)

Kristi said...

Just keep trimming away the ends until nothing is left. My kids still put them in their mouth but once they realized they didn't work and didn't need it, they threw them away themselves!

LL said...

ohhhhh, poor little guy! good for you for being strong, I wait until the dentist gives me the stink eye!
Goodbye fiers! love it

The IVth Family said...

I guess I have to say Jamie & I have been lucky that Abigail has never wanted a pacifier again since we took her off the bottle. We watch jamie's sisters kids and one of her firends kid and they use pacifiers and Abby sees them and picks them up, but she just says "Baby's!" The potty training is def. a dif story. She does not even want to look at her little potty we bought her.