My day today so far has been waiting in lines...waiting, waiting, waiting. The kids and I went to get our flu shots and we waited.for about 55 minutes total. Conner was crying because he wanted out of the stroller. I would not, could not do it. He would be all over the place.complete.chaos. People looking, staring...why do they do that? I finally said, with a smile on my face “I just ignore him, so you probably should too.” Luckily, Kennedy was eligible for the flu mist or I would have had another screaming child on my hands! I knew going without Rob would be a challenge, but we did it and at least we are protected from ONE of the many flu strains that will be out there...is it really worth it? Sometimes, I wonder.
So then we went to Wal-mart, they were sooo BUSY, once again, we just waited and waited. Needless to say when we finally made it home, I.was.glad.to.be.home!
So I have discovered a song that I just love, love, love. It is on my play list and it is Freckles by Natasha Beddingfield. Such a great song, it totally fits me and my insecurities about having freckles (and other imperfections) and quite often being hard on myself about my looks. The good thing is, in my 'more mature' days I am beginning to love myself more for who I am.
Yesterday Conner and I were in the car and this is what Conner said to me:
"Mommy, it gotta be halloween NOW! If it not halloween I won't get any candy if I don't go trick and treatin'"
He makes me laugh, which I am so grateful for.
I watched the Eli Stone premiere and LOVED it. It was nice to come home from mutual and be able to sit, watch, relax and forget about the terrible hour and a half I just had. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my calling as the YW president(minus this hour and a half I'm speaking of), but there are times where I am soooo inexperienced and have not a clue about what to do and how to handle situations. Is there any schooling for this?? It would be nice!!!!
7 comments:
I must say I LOVE your comment to people who stare! LOL! I should try that one out! I get this one alot...Nate will be being a boy and chaotic and someone will be staring and ask.."how old is he" I just have to smile and say, "I'll give you one guess!" and they always say 2! Then they tell me about their days when they had a two year old. I guess they forget how it can be faster than they realize! Oh, I'm glad you shared that song, I love it too. Yeah for freckles on our faces!!
I loved this post! People that stare like that, either can't remember what it was like to have kids, or they have not had kids :)
Did you get your flu shots at the Dr. Office? We have an appt. to get them but not until Nov. I'd love to get them sooner if possible.
Lindsey, you are so awesome! Don't beat yourself up so much. You good enough, smart enough, (definitely pretty enough...freckles and all),and dog-gone-it people like you! I am sure you make a GREAT YW president. (and this is someone who has served in YW with you before). I know what you mean though. It is intimidating being in a position which others look towards you for direction, but you're just the person for that job. Hang in there.
Linds you are so awesome! I am positive you are the most fabulous YW president ever. Those girls are so lucky to have a person like you in their lives! And I love what you say to people! HA! I really have to bite my tongue. I get visions of hair pulling and slapping people. SO I have to kindly smile so I won't act on impulse! HA!
I love finding new and different music and I loved your comment on Freckles. I check out your music selections all the time!
Ok. I feel like i have SO much to say in response to this post.
But mostly i just want to say YW PRES?!?! You are A.MA.ZING!
Good for you.
And the freckles. I hear you...I'm just now, at 33 learning to appreciate mine. I'll have to listent to that song.
And your comment to the staring people PRICELESS.
Love from across the country!
I didn't know you were the YW Pres! Wow what a job. I'll stop complaining about VT coordinator. I love to escape to TV as well. Nobody stares at me.
Post a Comment