Friday, November 08, 2013

day eight...well being

Running Quote

Here in this city of St. Gorgeous there is a wonderful
trail system that goes on and on. 
Close to where we live, part of that trail is a five mile loop.
When I  run on the treadmill, I rarely go over four miles.
Well, a few weeks ago I decided that I was going to
run that loop and not stop.
and I did!
My goal was to come in under 60 minutes (12 min miles)
and I actually did it in just under 55 minutes.
It felt so good. I was a little sore throughout the day, but
that just told me that I pushed myself and I was okay with it.
I was happy with it.
I don't run outside often, but when I do I find myself
just in awe and wonder with the beauty that surrounds me.
Today I am grateful for an able body, a willing mind and
a desire to be physically healthy.



No comments: