Monday, November 11, 2013

day eleven...{special treat}

When I was little, along with my parents, I would often visit
my great grandma and grandpa Thomson.
As a kid, it was kinda boring. Just sitting there among
adults while they talked, really nothing to do but listen
and sometimes fall asleep.  
There was one time my great grandma sensed my boredom.
She took me with her out to her garage.
She opened up her deep freeze, revealing her giant bag of
semi-sweet chocolate chips and let me grab a big handful
of the yummy goodness.  
From that time on, that was the first thing we would do together
when I came to visit.
I keep my chocolate chips in the freezer. always have.  
When I need a little chocolate pick me up
(who doesn't every now and...everyday)
I go to my freezer, grab a handful and think of her every time.
One of my friends said "your grandma must have known
the secret to happiness."
I totally agree with her!
The chocolate chips and visiting with her were {special treats}.
Love and miss you, Hannah Marie Coley Thomson!

No comments: