Saturday, November 02, 2013

day two...visiting teaching

Today I am grateful for visiting teaching.
I haven't always had a strong love and testimony
of visiting teaching.
In fact, I can remember when Rob and I lived in Tooele
my companion would call me over and over.
I would ignore her calls.
I cringe to think that I was like that.
It wasn't actually until we moved to San Antonio
that my love and appreciation for it was born.
I was alone with my baby Kennedy while Rob was
away at law school, all day, every day.
My visiting teaching companion was one
of my very first friends in Texas and to
this day we still stay in touch.
I loved going with her and visiting our sisters!
I  quickly realized how wonderful visiting teaching
could actually be and the blessings that came from it.

Fast forward 10 years.
I still enjoy it and I still LOVE it.
There is one gal that I have visited,
for the last three years,
who has a special place in my heart
and has ever since day one.
She is a recovered meth addict.
Sober 4 years now.
She is not shy about sharing her experience.
She is THE most humble and loving person.
I have learned and grown so much from knowing her
and her life struggles.
She calls me her angel.
I call her my blessing.
I am truly grateful for her and for the
visiting teaching program, without it I may never have met her.



1 comment:

Emily said...

i need to be more like you. i've enjoyed visiting teaching when it's been convenient for me. but i struggle with it when it's not... like when my schedule clashes with my partners and/or sisters we visit. someday i hope i'll grow to love it like you do.