Wednesday, November 06, 2013

day six...memories

Looking back on it all my memories make me smile good or bad for they made me the person I am today. And I am proud of that person.

I have been blessed with a good life.
I have so many good memories from my 37 years of existence 
on this beautiful planet.
here are a few from my growing up years
(or I should say childhood, cause I am still growing up):

-Sunday newspaper/treat run and drive with my dad
-going to Sleeping Beauty ballet with my mom
-riding on the bus into downtown SLC with my grandpa Thomson
-eating peaches and cream with my grandma Thomson
-loving my grandma Wynn's tuna sandwiches
-grandpa Wynn sacrificing his den and letting us watch MTV
-camping trips with my family and family friends
-making dinner with my mom
-playing the Atari with my brother
-going to the zoo every year with my grandma and grandpa Thomson
-walking to alberston's every day during the summer with my best friend, Jennie
-my parents buying the care bear care-a-lot playset for me 
when it wasn't even my birthday or christmas
-playing care bears with my friends in the driveway
-Sunday family bike rides
-taking sewing, singing, dance, ballet, ice skating and tennis lessons
-going grocery shopping at Ream's with my mom
-building snow forts with my brother
-playing with cousins
-hanging out with my mom and aunts
-helping my mom give my aunt Becky numerous perms
-going to the parade of homes, year after year, with my mom and great aunt Gerry
-the exact moment in my late teenage life when I wasn't going to church regularly and
realizing that I missed it and from that point knowing that 
I always wanted it to be a part of my life
-sleepovers with young women groups
-visiting rest homes around the holidays to sing carols to the old folk
-feeding the homeless in SLC under the 4th north overpass in the freezing winter
-being in the Sunshine Generation and singing at the Old Mill Christmas Festival
-always having fun family and friend birthday parties
-my mom teaching me how to drive a stick in my brothers old GMC truck
-listening to John Denver with my dad

I could go on and on...

1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't know you were in Sunshine Generation! Loved this post!