Thursday, November 12, 2009

Libraries

We take a trip to our local library once every two weeks to check out a bag full of fun books. It's an outing that we enjoy and look forward to. This little tradition of ours started in Texas when Kennedy was just a wee little one (all in thanks to my dear old friend Holly Jones who shared this idea with me). When we move to a new city the library is one of the first places we go looking for. Many of you know my love for reading, so I enjoy the library as much as the kids do. It's a great thing to be able to borrow books rather than buy them, especially if the book ended up being a bummer book...at least your not out anything, right?
Here are some of my memories of the Bountiful Library:
*I remember the first time I got MY OWN library card...I felt so special. It gave me a sense of responsibility at young age.
*In my teenage years I would go with friends to the library to do research and writing when I had a report due...somehow I always managed to get the report done (with all the boy watching going on).
*I had my piano recitals in the basement of the library.
*My great-grandma Moss lived right next door, so either before or after visiting her we would usually go to the library.
Anyhoo, go to your local library and you'll be surprised at how much fun you and your kids will have looking at books and learning.

2 comments:

LL said...

I wish I LOVED to read like you do!
My daughter BEGS to go to the library, she loves books. I take her as often as I can because I want her to continue to love books.
The library is a great place!!!

Emily said...

We love the library too!