It doesn't happen often, BUT when it does...it's lovely. That is until bedtime comes around, then I wished I would have kept him awake. But I like to focus on the lovely part. There is something about the peace and quiet that fills the air, being able to watch a show I've DVR'd or read a book or magazine...but wait, I still do all that stuff if I want to even when he is awake and as long as I keep my patience close by it's usually always peaceful and for the most part quiet. It's lovely because I can just sit and stare at him and his bundle of never-ending energy taking a much needed rest. I love my little boy. And just in the last 4 months or so he tells me he loves me, really meaning it rather than just saying it back...it's a lovely thing to hear.
3 comments:
love to watch them sleep!
so so sweet....
I probably would have laid down and taken a nap with him!!!
I feel the same way...then sometimes after they are in bed, I think, another day is gone and it make me a little sad... it's hard being a mom. :)
Post a Comment